- admin/HDERR.log.gz (91/10/12)
- A little shell script, to be run from cron, that notifies
the appropriate authorities if HDERR (hard disk error)
messages are discovered in the system's error log
- admin/NBSchk.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- admin/NISTime.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Two variants on setting the system clock using the NBS/NIST
dialup time system.
- admin/accutil.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Turn on process accounting (veddy intedesting).
- admin/chown.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Implementation of chown/chgrp that supports the BSD "-R
(recursive)" option as well as the format user[.group]
syntax. I believe this is the same one in the GNU binutils.
- admin/chsh.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- chsh (change shell) and chfn (change full name) user
- admin/chutil.tar.gz (91/10/12)
- Various flavors of chown/chgrp.
- admin/dialpwd.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Lenny Tropiano's utility for maintaining the (undocumented)
dialup password database (an undocumented feature of
/bin/login allows remote logins to be prompted for a special
- admin/last.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- admin/last2.cpio.gz (91/10/12
- Two implementations of the BSD last(1) command to show the
/etc/utmp in reverse order. The first one is faster and
- admin/nbstime.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Updated version of nbs_time, a program to set the system
clock according to information obtained from a modem-call to
the National Bureau of Standards time dial-up service in
- admin/pwcntl.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Utility for manipulating the mysterious and undocumented
/etc/pwcntl file, to which most login attempts are logged.
- admin/sar.gz (91/10/12)
- System performance monitoring program. Gathers periodic
statistics on system usage.
- admin/sysinfo.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Version 2.1 of Lenny Tropiano's sysinfo package. Displays
the system load average, uptime, filesystem and memory use
statistics on the bottom two lines of the UNIXpc console
screen (included are binaries compiled by gcc 1.36 under
foundation kit v3.51).