- documents/3.5drive (91/10/12)
- Various iv description files and other randomness for use
with 3.5" floppy drives. Several people have been running
3.5" 720Kb floppy drives on their UNIXpc with no problems.
At least it increases the capacity of floppies for the 3B1
to 800Kb from 400Kb! High density (1.2Mb or 1.44Mb)
floppies is still an impossibility...
- documents/3.5faq (94/09/21)
- Answers to frequently asked questions about how to add a
3.5 inch floppy drive to a 3B1/7300. Maintained by Robert
- documents/DDDguide.mm.gz (91/10/12)
- UNIX PC Version 3.0 Device Driver Development Guide - Issue
0a (modified). This paper is part of the UNIX-PC Device
Driver Development Kit, and provides guidance for developers
writing dynamically installable device drivers for the
- documents/DRUNpatch (91/10/12)
- Information about the DRUN patch. This is a hardware upgrade
that is required in some machines to be able to make use of
disks larger than 1024 cylinders, regardless of whether you
have the WD-2010 disk controller or not. The file contains
information on how to determine if you need the patch and how
to install the patch if you do need it. WARNING: hardware
hacking is required.
- documents/DiagDGen.mm (91/10/12)
- The Diagnostic Disk Generator. This memo will describe the
installation and use of a tool that allows vendors to create
a customized diagnostic disk quickly while requiring that
they only know the internals of their devices.
- documents/FD2.info (91/10/12)
- Information about Fixdisk 2.0 for software version 3.51:
detailed list of bug fixes, new window driver capabilities,
and the "metermaid."
- documents/HDB_Modem (91/10/12)
- This file explains how to setup and connect an external
modem using HDB to the UNIX PC. In particular it discusses
the configuration of a hayes compatiblem modem.
- documents/HWNotes01-15 (91/10/12)
- John Milton's Hardware Notes 1-15.
- documents/P5.1 (91/10/12)
- Instructions on how to perform the P5.1 motherboard upgrade
(allowing the use of hard drives with more than 8 heads).
- documents/RAMupgrade.gz (92/09/21)
- Several documents that relate to increasing the amount of
RAM available in your machine.
- documents/bus.map (91/10/12)
- Map of UNIXpc bus pinouts. For hardware hackers and similar
- documents/compress.magic (91/10/12)
- Additions to /etc/magic so file(1) can recognize compressed
- documents/cross-pointers (93/12/31)
- A posting regarding building cross-development environments for the
- documents/faq.part01 (94/09/22)
- documents/faq.part02 (94/09/22)
- A probably out of date copy of the Frequently Asked Questions
document of the AT&T 3B1/7300.
- documents/fast2010.gz (91/10/12)
- Info on how to improve disk performance when the WD2010 disk
driver chip is installed.
- documents/hd.list (91/10/12)
- List of hard drives (and their specs) that are known
to work on the UNIXpc.
- documents/ipctut.tar (91/10/12)
- A roff-format tutorial on sockets, by Alex Crain.
- documents/powsup.info (91/10/12)
- Pin-out diagram for the power supply for the 3B1/7300's.
Also the power outputs for the various kinds of power
- documents/repair.info (91/10/12)
- Information on how/where to get your UNIXpc repaired.
- documents/skeeve.info (91/10/12)
- Accessing skeeve's UNIXpc & Gnu software archives.
- documents/tb-setup.sh (91/10/12)
- How to set-up and use a Trailblazer modem. tb-setup is a
bunch of entries for HDB uucp, with S-registers, Dialer,
Devices, Sysfiles, and inittab entries; it should save hours
in configuring your TB on your UNIXpc. Includes setup for
BA4.00 and BA5.01 ROMS.
- documents/unix-pc.net (91/10/12)
- Latest listing of sites that carry the unix-pc newsgroup
- documents/upcbof.s89 (91/10/12)
- documents/upcbof.w90 (91/10/12)
- UNIXpc BOF Minutes for the Summer '89 and Winter '90 USENIX
Technical Conferences. Gil and I were unable to attend
Summer '90, so there was no BOF that I know of.