Kernel Related Software
- kernel/ESCCOMBO+IN.gz (94/12/06)
- A replacement combo driver and associated hardware mods
that will allow you to run at 38.4K on a combo card,
coutesy of Charles Green .
Here 'tis. Anyone with $25 or so to spend on a Z85230, and
a rev 'F' combo card they don't mind removing a couple of
resistors from should now be able to have a 38400 bps
interface on their 3b1. I've gotten throughput over 3000
chars/sec using Taylor UUCP, so I suppose there might be
someone else out there who would like to have it.
- kernel/FIXDISK2.0+IN.gz (91/10/12)
- This is the UA-installable incarnation of UNIXpc Fixdisk 2.0
for version 3.51. You *must* have version 3.51 of the
UNIXpc system software in order to install these fixes. NB:
you do NOT need Fixdisk 1.0 in order to install 2.0. In
fact, all the 1.0 fixes are contained in the 2.0 fixdisk.
And no, it is not possible to compress this file, as it
contains compressed files.
- kernel/NKBD+IN.gz (91/10/12)
- UA-installable version of Mike Ditto's "new keyboard
driver." Swaps the function of the CAPS-LOCK and CTRL keys:
left CTRL key becomes a "meta" key (some other enhancements
too). Source is separate (see nkbd.cpio.gz). This is an
enhanced version of the CAPCTRL driver available in the
STORE area. NB: all the functionality of NKBD is contained
in the new keyboard driver contained in FIXDISK2.0.
- kernel/conf.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Can be used to make it possible to change some configurable
parameters in UNIX 3.51m. Mark Dapoz was able to create a
conf.h header file for use with the kernel object modules
- kernel/devfd.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Mike Ditto's /dev/fd device driver.
- kernel/devrom.gz (91/10/12)
- Makes the UNIXpc boot ROM readable as a device (/dev/rom).
- kernel/fpunix_tp.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Lenny Tropiano included some conf.h patches to be able link
in the loadable floppy-tape (tp.o) device driver with the
floppy unix (for making restoral from floppy unix using tape
easier) (conf.sh.gz and kern.cpio.gz required)
- kernel/kdb.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Kernel DeBugger (loadable device driver). Or maybe it's De
Kernel Buggerer? Depends on your skill.
- kernel/kern.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Relocatable object files used to link the 3.51m kernel. See
conf.sh.gz and fpunix_tp.sh.gz for more information.
- kernel/nkbd.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Source for NKBD+IN (Mike Ditto's "new keyboard driver").
- kernel/pty.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Latest version of the public domain System V pty driver,
customized for the UNIXpc.
- kernel/s4diag.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Enhanced version of the UNIXpc diagnostic program that
permits formatting hard disks with > 8 heads and/or > 1024
- kernel/s4test.info (91/10/12)
- Documents the various "s4test" expert-mode diagnostic
routines accessible through the UNIXpc diagnostic disk.
- kernel/serial.pat (91/10/12)
- Patch the 3.51m kernel to improve serial-line character
- kernel/uipc.tar.gz (91/10/12)
- Most up-to-date version of Alex Crain's socket code. This
includes a select() system call in the device driver, along
with a socket library.
- kernel/vidram.dev.gz (91/10/12)
- Mike Ditto's "video ram" device driver.