- library/alloca.gz (91/10/12)
- Mike Ditto's asm version of the alloca() C routine (useful
when compiling GNU software).
- library/bsd.o.tar.gz (93/12/09)
- These are the .o files for regex, alloca, and xmalloc . These
routines are sometimes used in various programs that are gotten
off the net. I have these files included in my /lib/libc.a
Packaged by Kevin Colagio.
- library/dbz1.9.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- DBM code tuned for use with the B/C usenet news packages.
- library/dirent.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Most recent version of Doug Gwyn's dirent directory-access
- library/libbsd.a.gz (92/07/26)
- A compiled copy of the BSD support library that was posted
- library/libm.tar.gz (93/3/17)
- Source for a math library.
This is particularly useful if you're building your own development
environment since the math library is not included in the distribution
- library/limits.h (91/10/12)
- ANSI-compatible limits.h file for /usr/include.
- library/longmath.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Some assembly-language routines for long multiply/divide.
Apparently these correct some bugs in the long math routines
supplied in the standard library.
- library/malloc.tar.gz (93/02/15)
- A malloc library.
I don't know of any reason why you need this over the one in the
I include it just because I was using it for a while.
- library/posix.cpio.gz (91/10/12)
- Library of POSIX-compatible C routines. NB: this archive
contains an old version of Doug Gwyn's dirent routines. The
dirent.cpio.gz archive contains the most recent version.
- library/shlib.sh.gz (91/10/12)
- Alex Crain gave us the ability to added object modules to
the system shared library (/lib/shlib). Using this one
could add the Doug Gwyn dirent object files to /lib/shlib
(if those are used frequently in your software). This
includes the patch to shlib.ifile that was posted several
- library/xrand.shar.gz (93/02/26)
- Source for the xrand library of random number generations
For those who can never get enough randomness.